Saturday 15 August 2015

Site works begin

So I did a drive by on Wednesday to find that site works had started.  I'll admit that I was a bit disappointed to see how deep in the ground our site cut was :(

I knew we had to be cut down, but it looks much worse than I was expecting. What has made it look even worse is I think the house next door to us brought in fill rather than cut and fill, so their house is level with the road.

Our house looks like it'll be about the same level as the house next door, but is definitely not level with the road.  I keep getting told it'll look much better when the house is complete, but I'll just have to wait and see because my imagination isn't working too well at the moment.

Site cut....
 
 
 
Swung by again on Saturday and they had started on the screw piles.....
 
 
 
 
Yep! Those screw piles are 'that' close to our back fence. No doubt some of you are thinking "That's an absolutely tiny backyard", and you'd be right!  We really don't have a back yard at all.  But as we're living across the road from this.....



 
 
 
 
 
.....we decided we didn't need a big backyard and could have more house instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment